Unable to Login to Yammer

Mar 15, 2014 at 3:48 PM
Trying the ModernApp in Visual Studio 2013 on Windows 8.1 and login throws a SSOEnabledException. How do you get past this?
Coordinator
Apr 26, 2014 at 7:17 AM
Are you still having issues?
You need to enable the capabilities of your app in the app's manifest file for Internet(Client) Private Network and Shared User Certificates.
Let me know if after enabling these capabilities you're still seeing problems.
Apr 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I added those capabilities to the project and still get the same issue.

I did add my ClientID and Secret to the App.Xml.Cs file. (Aside: Where is the RIGHT place to put these values? Every demo says don't do it this way, but I have not seen the RIGHT way.)

If you download the files and run them do they work for you? (Not using TFS, just a direct download.)

Thanks!
Coordinator
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:09 PM
Use the YammerSDK (Yammersdk.codeplex.com), as we're no longer supporting the code at contractmeow.
What are the cons that you have read about the approach of adding the values as a resource. I want to make sure I understand your concerns before anything else.

Apr 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM
OK, I'll have a look.

As for the client id the warning is right in the code:
private IUnityContainer _container;
    #region
    /* This should be stored in a secure location. 
     * It is only here to simply demo purposes 
     */
    private const String ApiClientId =

What "Secure Location" should be used?
Coordinator
May 27, 2014 at 1:15 AM
I think that comment is misplaced, if the clientId is in a private member of an internal or private class, that should be ok; however, at runtime you should store it using either the ProtectedData class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography.protecteddata(v=vs.110).aspx) or the passwordvault API (both available for windows 8 modern apps).